So here are our top 10 places to eat on the Disney Dining Plan and also best for value, in our opinion. We loved most places we ate but these are by far our favourite!
- Narcoossee’s Brunch is a must do! We will probably make this a tradition for our visits, it just feels so romantic and lovely with it’s setting on the lake with the Grand Floridian in the background. The service is amazing and cannot be faulted and then there was the food which was some of the best we have ever tasted. We still talk about the pastry basket! Of course all helped with bottomless Prosecco. Loved every minute and it felt so special. This was a signature restaurant and required 2 credits per person.
- Sanna was a shock one for us. We had read reviews about it being good but was not expecting it to be so good. The naan bread and 9 dips starter won us over. It was all so fresh tasting and the curries were amazing. All while looking out to the Zebras and Giraffes.
- Yachtsman has the best steak I have ever tasted. This is another signature restaurant but totally worth the two credits per person. As you walk in you can see the butchers for the restaurant where they prepare and display the different cuts of meat. The menu is amazing and it is so hard to choose. We went for the porterhouse steak for two which was cooked perfectly. You didn’t really need a steak knife to cut, it was so tender! The sides were delicious and went really well with the steak. This is everything you could wish for in a steakhouse. and a lot easier to score a reservation than Le Cellier!
- Ohana is the best buffet place to eat. Make sure you go to eat when the fireworks are on in Magic Kingdom and listen to the music pumping into the restaurant. They start with a bread board which was yummy followed by starter of dumplings, chicken wings and salad. These were all so tasty. Then they bring over a huge amount of noodles and skewers of pork, chicken, steam and shrimp which they place onto your plate. These skewers are straight from the barbecue and so tasty.
- T-Rex we love the theme of this restaurant with the different sections. I think our favourite section is the ice age section with the fossils of dinosaurs in the ice. There is a meteor strike every 30 minutes which makes the room go dark and then flash with lights and loud noises. The dinosaurs also move and make noises which is really cool. We prefer it here than the Rainforest Café as we find it more unique. The portion sizes are huge so don’t go mad ordering! I usually have a huge case of eyes to big for my belly.
- Coral Reef is a unique restaurant where you feel as if you are eating with the fish! One side of the restaurant is the aquarium tank which is huge. You are given cards with your menus on which fish you can see within the tank. We were so excited as we saw a sea turtle a few times. The food is really good too, with a lot of fish on the menu… obviously!
- Garden Grill this was our favourite place for character interaction. We felt like they never rushed to get to the next table and totally interacted with you. Here you can see Pluto, Mickey, Chip and Dale. The food is also really good and is served family buffet style. We started with salad and bread service and then had meats, veg, potatoes and gravy. Pudding was a summer berry cake which was amazing. The food here is great and the servers cannot do enough for you. The restaurant also rotates slowly where you can see different scenes from living in the land attraction.
- Teppan Edo is a restaurant you have to experience. It is so much fun to watch them cook your food in front of you on a hot plate. The server does tricks like make a volcano out of onions, small little details like put oil on the grill in the shape of a Mickey. You choose your meats from shrimp, chicken, pork, beef, shrimp or tofu or you can make a combination. It is then cooked in front of you with vegetables and noodles. A great experience!
- Boma is a lovely buffet offering all kinds of African treats. We love this restaurant for the different African flavours and you don’t see much American food on the hotplates. The hummus and breads are great as is the peanut curry. You can also get your famous zebra domes cakes here.
- Tusker House is our favourite place for breakfast. Just like Boma it offers African flavours for breakfast which are amazing. It also has your mickey waffles! You get an interaction from safari Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy. You have to try the juice which is so nice.
- Be Our Guest is a treat as a quick service because you get to sit in the Beast’s castle while you eat. We had the option to order our food online, when we got there we were given a rose to choose our own seat. Like magic our food found us. We had a really good portion size of a sandwich and fries. It was really tasty and you get a refillable drink. We loved just the relaxed nature compared to dinner and you could wander around more into the different rooms. You must reserve this online as it does get fully booked.
- Satu’il Canteen was a pleasant surprise. We ate here twice as it was so nice and fresh. You can make your own box choosing a base, protein and sauce. The snack credit puddings are also really good. Here you also get refillable drinks which is a bonus in the heat. A must eat! There is also plenty of seating as Pandora is probably one of the busiest lands in the whole of WDW right now.
- Tangierine Café is another great place to have a meal that isn’t the normal burger and chips in the parks. We had a platter of different meats, breads, hummus and salad. It was really tasty and enough to share really.
- Pizzarizzo is a great place for pizza and a side salad. Great if your in a rush and at the moment with all the construction in Hollywood Studios there is not mush option.
- Catalina Eddie’s we loved the Caesar Salads here and the huge drinks. Super tasty and again portion was enough for two people.
- D-Luxe Burgers was a super tasty burger where you could add loads of toppings. It reminded us of Five Guys. What was really cool is there were so many sauces on offer for your fries.
- Earl of Sandwich is a great place to grab a sandwich if your off site for the day or like us we grabbed one late at night after being at universal. They have a load of different options that come with crisps and a drink.
- Peco Bill’s Tall Tale Inn for the toppings bar alone. You could order nachos and then self top with sour cream, guacamole, cheese and so many other options. The fajitas here are also amazing and super filling.
- End Zone Food Court this may be a strange one, but I feel like it saved our life one night where we had forgotten to eat dinner. It had many options including salads, burgers and pizzas. The food was tasty and as a bonus we could use our refillable mugs. Winning!
- Lotus Blossom Café is a nice Chinese for a quick meal in Epcot.
- Gaston’s Tavern for the huge cinnamon bun and Le’Frous Brew
- Sleepy Hollow for the biggest waffles we have ever seen.
- Goofy’s Candy Company for a goofy treat
- Aloha Isle of course the famous dole whip
- End Zone Food court for fruit and drinks for the room
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie all the pastries you could wish for. Hardest decision is choosing which one.
- Kabuki Café for the sushi
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe school bread
- Be Our Guest French onion soup and cupcakes during lunch
- Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich